SIH COVID-19 Operating Procedures:
As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and states begin to resume normal operations, The Staunton Innovation Hub is actively working to safely manage the increased use of the space. It is important to know that SIH is adhering to the CDC procedures for prevention, including prevention, sanitation and handling suspected or known exposure. (see SIH Cleaning and Safety Procedures)
Our plan in the event of confirmed COVID 19 case for full-scale operations:
● In the case of a positive or presumptive positive COVID 19 case, SIH members will be notified and will be given next step recommendations following CDC guidelines
● When notified of a positive or presumptive positive we will maintain member confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
● Following notification of positive or presumptive positive the SIH will demonstrate all CDC recommended sanitization procedures and will inform members when it is safe to return to the Hub
What we are asking you to do to keep our coworking community safe:
● If you have been feeling sick, had a fever, or have recently traveled to an outbreak epicenter, we kindly ask you to stay home
● If you become symptomatic while at the Hub (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath) we ask that you notify the Hub team and exit immediately
● Sick Hub Members should follow CDC-recommended steps. Employees should not return to work until they have met the criteria to discontinue home isolation 2 and have consulted with a healthcare provider and state or local health department.
● If you have come in “close contact” of someone who is infected, which is defined as being within approximately 6 feet (2 meters) of a person with COVID-19 for any period of time please contact the Hub team immediately.
● Potentially exposed Members who have symptoms of COVID-19 should self-isolate and follow CDC recommended steps.
● Potentially exposed members who do not have symptoms should self-isolate and follow CDC recommended steps.
● SIH will notify employees and members within 24 hours if a employee/member tests positive for the virus, and bar employees/members known or suspected to be positive for COVID-19 from returning to SIH for for at least three days after symptoms subside, at least 10 days after they were first diagnosed or until they test negative for the virus.
SIH Cleaning and Safety Procedures:
As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond, The Staunton Innovation Hub is actively working to provide a safe working environment to all SIH members and the community.
What we are doing to keep our coworking community safe:
● We are following all CDC guidelines to maintain social distancing and follow federal, state and local mandates for cleaning and sanitation
● We have increased the number of sanitation stations around the Hub to assist with keeping common areas and coworking space clean, we are asking for your help with this (outlined below)
● We currently have a cleaning company dedicated to deep cleaning 32N once a week and 11N twice a week with hospital grade cleaners. Additionally, staff is disinfecting common surfaces daily
● We have moved/taped off furniture and/or reduced seating to promote and support social distancing
● In all buildings, the conference rooms and phone booths are available for you to use as your private workspace for the day during this pandemic. All unused, private offices in the 11 N Central building may also be used as flexible (first-come-first-served) workspace to all coworking members. Masks are not required in private work spaces.
● We will be enforcing all these policies to the best of our ability and working knowledge
● The air filtration system in the larger 11 N Central building offers ionization technology and constant 2100 CFM of fresh outside air to the building at all times.
What we are asking YOU to do to keep our coworking community safe:
● Maintain proper hygiene by frequently washing hands (with hot water and soap for 20 seconds, as recommended). Hand sanitizers will be readily available in public spaces and common areas
● We ask that when you have finished using the kitchen/bathroom and common areas that you wipe down surfaces that you may have touched each time you use them
● When you have finished at your coworking station for the day, we ask that you properly sanitize and clean your workstation, including desk surface and chair handles
● We ask that if you are showing any symptoms (e.g. runny nose, cough, fever, shortness of breath) to exit the building and notify staff immediately
● Face masks are required in all shared areas (e.g. Kitchen, hallways, coworking, stairwells, shared bathrooms) at all times.
○ Note: Again, we remind you that we are making all unused offices, conference rooms, and phone booths available to you to use as a private space during this time. #communitymindset
○ If you need a break, the phone booths and conference rooms are also available if vacant
We realize this situation is uncomfortable for us all, but we ask that you remain compliant with all of the policies and procedures the SIH staff has put in place to keep our community safe.